* Paid Affiliate Links.
When you need something tougher than a StopTech SportStop Slotted rotor, but you're not quite ready for a big brake kit, try our new StopTech SportStop Slotted rotors. StopTech has teamed up with Frozen Rotors to offer cryogenic treatment on the StopTech rotor line. Deep cryogenic treatment is a one-time process that permanently improves the performance and service life of metals from brake rotors and engine parts, to machine tools and gear sets. Using a proprietary computer-controlled process, the metal is cooled gradually to -300°F and then slowly returned to room temperature and heat-cycled as the final step. Although not apparent to the naked eye, the improvements to the rotor are significant. The cryogenic treatment process redistributes residual stress in the rotor giving it an extra level of protection against warping. Just as standard StopTech SportStop Slotted Rotors, Cryo Rotors start with the following features:
• Power Alloy castings (on select applications) – Engineered Performance Rotor – Superior resistance to cracking due to thermal stress – Increased molybdenum (higher carbon)content that extends reliability, service life and helps reduce NVH “noise” issues – Rotor material is a direct descendant of the patented AeroRotor from StopTech
• Introducing directional curve vane design (on select applications) – Improved vane design or OE equivalent on all rotors – Center split castings
• New short slot design runs perpendicular to the vane to preserve rotor strength.
• Direct OE Replacement
• Improved wet weather response
• Increased initial “bite”
• Double disc ground for a consistent friction surface and Improved pad bed-in
• Mill balanced
• Black E-Coated non-friction surfaces on “Power Alloy” rotors
• Enhances open wheel appearance
Any new StopTech SportStop Rotors can be cryogenically treated prior to shipment. Allow 5-10 business days for processing.